Bringing Accounting Expertise to Clients Since 1971
George Johnson & Company was founded in 1971 as a sole proprietorship in Detroit, Michigan by George G. Johnson, C.P.A. The Firm was organized through acquisition, following the merger of several regional firms (including that of the late Michigan Secretary of State, Richard H. Austin: Austin, Washington, and Davenport), the oldest of which was established in the early 1940’s. In 1973, George Johnson & Company became a service corporation, and today we rank among the larger certified public accounting firms founded in the Metropolitan Detroit area.
For several years, have been in an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA, which brings us the necessary tools to help us better serve our clients with greater flexibility, efficiency and cost effectiveness. As an Alliance member, our firm has grown steadily through formal practice development by both expanding services to existing clients and by offering a full range of services to new clients.
George Johnson & Company has also established new locations in Chicago, Illinois and Ann Arbor, Michigan, which is affiliated with Renaissance Financial Group, located at the same address.